How does HUGECITY work?
HUGECITY changes the way you see Facebook events to make it easier to find what is going on.
When you sign in, HUGECITY shows you all of the events you and your friends have been invited to and all of the events the Facebook pages you like have created. HUGECITY remembers only the public events and shows them to anyone who visits the site.
Does HUGECITY post to my wall when I sign in?
No. We hate that stuff.
We only post when you want to post and say you’re attending when you’re attending.
How do I promote an event on HUGECITY?
Send either the HUGECITY event link or the Facebook event link to help@HUGECITY.us.
Promoting an event brings the event to the top of every list and highlights the event on the map so everyone who isin your area can see it.
You can also sponsor an event.
How do I add an event?
Step 1: Create a public Facebook event.
Step 2: Sign into HUGECITY.
Normally, we get it in a few minutes. Sometimes Facebook can take up to 8 hours to get back to us.
If you want to quickly add or update a public event, click the '+ Event' link at the top of the page. You'll be able to enter the url to the Facebook event to force the event to sync.
We do not show events that last longer than one week. We only show public events.
How do I change the time on an event?
Change the time, or anything else you want to change, on the event on Facebook. We should get the change in less than 8 hours.
Does HUGECITY show my private events?
No. Your private events are for you only.
If you want to make sure that your events are not seen by other people make sure that they are marked “Private” on Facebook.
What does the star button do?
The star button favorites an event. Favorited events are added to your recommended events tab and we'll remember to show you stuff like that event in the future. Also, it increases the event's score, meaning that more people will see it.
What are the “On Map” “Global” and “No Location”?
These buttons filter the events you see on the list by location.
- On Map – Makes the list show all the events on the map. We only show 100 events at a time.
- Global – Makes the list show all of the events.
- No Location – Shows all of the lists that Facebook did not recognize their location. Events with locations like “city-wide”, “at the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree” “internet-wide”.
- If your events are not showing up on the map, make sure that your Facebook event has a map on it. If it doesn’t Facebook does not recognize the location you have entered.
I cannot see my event on HUGECITY.
- Have you created and tried adding the Facebook event? If not see, How do I add an event? Does your Facebook event show a map? If not Facebook does not recognize the location you have entered.
- Is the event public? HUGECITY only shows public events.
- How long is your event? If your event is over one week long HUGECITY will not show the event.
- If HUGECITY still does not show your event, please email help@HUGECITY.us with the a link to the Facebook Event.
Help With Widgets
See the widget help guide.